Reporting to the CFO, the Director, External Reporting will lead the company’s external financial reporting process and will function as the key resource for all technical accounting matters. The incumbent will also have the responsibility to drive the company’s SEC/AMF reporting process and ensure that filings are issued accurately and in a timely manner. This will require a close collaboration with the operations and finance management team including the Controller and external auditors, to ensure that the needed information is obtained, verified and accurately communicated in the company’s filings. The Director will also be responsible for ensuring that GAAP principles are properly applied, as well as researching technical accounting questions that may arise and providing guidance on new pronouncements.
Please register for all our opportunities at www.exceleris.com/careers
- Drive the drafting, editing, tie-out and review processes for the SEC quarterly 10-Q reports and annual 10-K filing and other filings required by the AMF;
- Examine and review complex accounting treatment calculations/supporting documentation to ensure GAAP compliance;
- Liaise closely with external auditors as primary day-to-day contact and help manage audit completion;
- Research accounting guidance as needed to ensure adherence;
- Coordinate with business leaders and departments to obtain necessary information to support filings, as applicable;
- Implement and oversee the XBRL process;
- Review and tie-out financial data in press releases and other public communications, as applicable;
- Prepare and coordinate the quarterly financial reporting calendar and timelines, as applicable;
- Function as the primary resource for technical accounting, staying current on new guidance and assessing its implications;
- The role will have accounting responsibilities related to equity and acquisition accounting, and reviewing complex accounting entries and calculations;
- The role will have some other external reporting responsibilities to various stakeholders as required.
- Minimum 10+ years accounting experience;
- Minimum of 5+ years in a role with primary responsibility for SEC/AMF filings in a public company;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required;
- Excellent proficiency in technical accounting, SEC/AMF requirements, and US
- GAAP, including purchase accounting, equity/option accounting, revenue recognition, etc.;
- Experience with Securities Act of 1933 related filings;
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability and commitment to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication and language skills, particularly writing skills;
- Must be bilingual (English/French);
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent work ethic and highest level of integrity;
- Team-oriented work style;
- SOX, policies, and controls experience a plus;
- Eligibility to work in Canada;
- Eligibility to travel in foreign countries.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Company’s success, client service and employee satisfaction and retention.