Located in St. Laurent, our client, a publicly-traded pharma company is looking for an Assistant Controller to join its team. Tasks will include full month end close review, involvement with IFRS public company reporting, budgets, cashflows, reconciliation and analysis work, support of R&D claims, process improvements, internal control analysis and other special projects. You will also supervise 3 staff members who are responsible for all journal entries. Experience with supporting quarterly and annual public results and annual audits is also necessary.
Company is in expansion and offers challenging work, positive working environment and work/life balance. Great team in place. Stock options and pension plan are offered as part of the compensation package. Significant opportunities for career advancement offered.
- General knowledge of IFRS is required
- Strong technical accounting skills and great analytical skills
- Great supervisory skills
- Accounting designation required (CMA, CGA, CA)
- Bilingual, with at least 3 years of relevant working experience in a public company
- Superior excel and IT skills, SAP knowledge is an asset
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Company’s success, client service and employee satisfaction and retention.